Isn’t it feel weird to think about our earth? I mean, in the endless universe, out of billions of stars and planets only this blue planet sustain life. This thing is precious and it’s our duty to take care of it for us for our future generation, this is why we celebrate earth day every year. Along with this year, we will try to share a few interesting earth day Facts, Theme, Tips, Importance, Activities, Quotes, Slogan, Poem If you are ready to let’s dive into it.
Earth Day 2019 (Facts, Theme, Tips, Importance, Activities, Quotes, Slogan, Poem)
Before you step outside your home or office to celebrate earth day 2019, we would recommend you to read these different section related earth day, it will make your day even more enjoyable.
Earth Day Facts
- Did you know that the first earth day was celebrated on 22 April 1970 and Gaylord Nelson was the man who founded it?
- John F. Kennedy (the 35th US president) played an important role to promote environmental conservation.
- If you love watching movies, you might know in 2009’s earth day, Disney studios released a documentary film named as Earth.
- In order to save our blue planet for us and our upcoming future generation, every year millions of men, women, and children clean our planet by picking up waste garbage from the road, plant trees nearby or in empty places and do lots of stuff all over the globe.
- In case you don’t know Earth day was renamed officially by the United Nation (UN) in 2009 as Internation Mother day.
- A very interesting earth day facts are coming from China. In 2012 on earth day, more than 10 thousand of China citizen rode bikes to save fuels and Carbon Dioxide (CO2) from the atmosphere.
- Panama citizens discovered a very unique way to celebrate earth day. They saved around 100 nearly extinct orchid species by planting and maintaining them.
- You would be surprised to know that on Earth day 2011, more than 28 million trees were planted in Afghanistan.
- You might know that Earth day was initiated in the US first, on the first Earth day over 20 million people gathered to save our blue planet by protesting on the streets of America.
- On Earth day 2009, NASA planted a “Moon Tree” in Washington, D.C.
Earth Day Theme
The theme of 2019 Earth day is “Save Our Species”. You might know, Earth day theme keeps changing every year like last year, the earth day theme was “End Plastic Pollution” and the last to last it was “The Hunger Project”. So, this year it is “Save Our Species”. Let’s elaborate it down below:
Save Our Species
We already saw the extinction of several species like White Cheetah, Dinosaur, Dodo, Passenger Pigeon and few of species including plants and animals are near extinction like rhinos, elephants, lions, tigers, leopard, jaguars, whales, sharks, etc, so it is necessary to take strict action to save wildlife. This is why this year earth day theme is to save our species. So, what species you are planning to save now? Let us know in the comment section below.
Earth Day Tips
- Join a local park, river or beach clean-up.
- Use environmentally-friendly, non-toxic cleaning products.
- Replace inefficient incandescent light bulbs with efficient CFLs or LEDs. Reduce your carbon footprint by 450 pounds a year.
- Carpool, ride your bike, use public transportation or drive an electric or hybrid car. Reduce your carbon footprint by one pound for every mile you do not drive.
- Keep your tires properly inflated and get better gas mileage. Reduce your carbon footprint 20 pounds for each gallon of gas saved.
- Change your car’s air filter regularly.
- Teleconference instead of traveling. If you fly five times per year, those trips are likely to account for 75% of your personal carbon footprint.
- Stop using disposable plastics, especially single-use plastics like bottles, bags and straws.
- Recycle paper, plastic and glass. Reduce your garbage by 10% and your carbon footprint by 1,200 pounds a year.
- Donate your old clothes and home goods instead of throwing them out. When you need something, consider buying used items.
- Use cloth towels instead of paper ones.
- Change your paper bills to online billing. You’ll be saving trees and the fuel it takes to deliver your bills by truck.
- Read documents online instead of printing them.
- When you need to use paper, make sure it’s 100% post-consumer recycled paper.
- Set your office printer to print two-sided.
- Collect used printer, fax, and copier cartridges to recycle.
- Convince your school district or office building to choose reusable utensils, trays, and dishes in the cafeteria.
- Use reusable bottles for water, and reusable mugs for coffee.
- Bring reusable bags when you shop.
- Pack your lunch in a reusable bag.
- Organize to have healthy, locally-sourced food served in your school district.
- Buy local food to reduce the distance from farm to fork. Buy straight from the farm, frequent your local farmers’ market, or join a local food co-op.
- Buy organic food to keep your body and the environment free of toxic pesticides. Support farmers and companies who use organic ingredients.
- Grow your own organic garden, or join a farm-share group.
- Reduce your meat consumption to curb carbon emissions from the livestock industry.
- Compost kitchen scraps for use in your garden — turning waste into fertilizer.
- Take a shorter shower and use a water-saving shower head.
- Fix leaky faucets and shower-heads.
- Run your dishwasher only when it’s full to save water and energy.
- Conserve water outdoors by only watering your lawn in the early morning or late at night. Use drought-resistant plants in dry areas.
- Wash your clothes only when necessary, use cold water and line dry.
- Form a “green team” at your office to find cost-effective ways to conserve resources and promote sustainability.
- Volunteer for a local environmental group and/or make a donation.
- Pull out invasive plants in your yard or garden and replace them with native ones.
- Turn off and unplug electronics you’re not using. This includes turning off your computer at night.
- Turn off lights when you leave a room.
- Install solar panels on your roof.
- Take the stairs instead of the elevator to save energy (and get exercise!).
- Move your heater thermostat down two degrees in winter and up two degrees in the summer to reduce your carbon footprint by 2,000 pounds.
- Lower the temperature on your water heater.
- Contact your utility company and find out about renewable energy options.
- Use energy-efficient appliances and electronics.
Importance Of Earth day
Earth day might don’t matter for you a lot but believe me, we are lucky to have this life and we should be thankful for it. First, I didn’t give a damn to earth day, I just treated it as a normal day but after watching some youtube videos and by understanding how important it is to keep this blue planet safe. This is why I learned/read some importance of earth day and I want to convince you if you don’t think about our earth by telling you some importance of earth day below:
- Rainforest is decreasing rapidly, once it covered 14% of the earth’s land surface, now it only covers 6% of total earth’s land surface and experts are saying that remaining rainforest could last for 40 years more that means till 2059 our rainforest would be fully gone.
- One study estimate that we are losing 137 plants, animals and insect species every single day. That day isn’t too far away when we read about them on the internet or books.
- Did you know, every year, only U.S. factories release over 3 million tons of toxic chemicals into the land, air, and water.
This is why we should take our earth seriously. If we didn’t pay attention to it, soon there will be nothing but ash of everything.
Earth Day Activities
You can make this sweet seed jar and keep it in your home as a small contribution for earth day 2019. This is one of the most used earth day activities around the world. The only few things you need are a clean transparent jar, seed, and some soil. Give it a try this year.
Seed bomb is also one of the cutest fun activity to do on earth day. This earth day activity is very popular among school children. They love to make them. few things you need for it:
- 3-4 Packages of Flower Seeds
- 3 Sheets of Construction Paper of any color you wish
- Food Processor
- 3 Small Containers
- Baking Sheet and Parchment Paper
After having these items, just search “How To Make Seed Bomb” and you are done. It might look small but it’s enough to keep our blue planet healthy.
Cleaning streets and planting plants aren’t only things to do on earth day, you can do a lot of more than that on earth day like you can make some feeding place for birds, can feed some grass to other animals too, it’s not only the Earth, it is our mother and we all are her children including birds and animals. So, why don’t we do this earth day activity this year by making a birdseed feeder?
Cleaning streets are one of the most popular and fun activity to do on earth day with friends or relatives. It really helps our environment to be fresh and healthy for humans and animals. There is not any rocket science on it, just wear safety gloves and start cleaning your streets.
Just like street cleaning, planting plants is also a very fun and most important activity to do on earth day. Trees affect the environment most. We definitely should plant more and more trees nearby to keep our environment pollution free. If you are planning to do something good in order to thank our blue planet or to save it, you should definitely consider doing this activity first.
earth day 2019 is one of the best telecom company as we said above and it has millions of happy customers and adding continuously day by day. If you have bought a new sim and want to check your account balance then just keep reading this article because we have given a brief explanation on how you can check earth day 2019 balance (data or internet or talk time balance) in an easy way.
Earth Day Slogans, Quotes, Poems
- I only feel angry when I see waste. When I see people throwing away things we could use.
- The Earth is what we all have in common.
- Progress is impossible without change, and those who cannot change their minds cannot change anything.
- Time spent on trees is never time wasted.
- Away, away, from men and towns,
To the wild wood and the downs, —
To the silent wilderness,
Where the soul need not repress its music.
- He that plants trees love others besides himself.
- Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.
- One of the first conditions of happiness is that the link between man and nature shall not be broken.
- The environment is where we all meet; where we all have a mutual interest; it is the one thing all of us share.
- The Earth will not continue to offer its harvest, except with faithful stewardship. We cannot say we love the land and then take steps to destroy it for use by future generations.
Final Words On Earth Day 2019
Just putting my point, why do we need a specific day to celebrate earth day, why do we need a specific day to wipe out all the garbage from the streets? Why just can’t we clean it every day, we don’t even need to clean our street on earth day if we just follow some rules like not spitting on the street, not throwing garbage on roads and other things. We are so lucky to we are alive and living on this planet. We have to save it for us, for our upcoming future generation.